Tuesday, March 7, 2017

Blank Slate

Hey there! My full name is Carmen Sachs, but I prefer people to call me Ellie. Yeah I know, it  doesn't really make sense but just roll with it. I chose to do a film opening for my foundation portfolio, but when I made this decision I had no clue as to what I was getting myself into. I just thought "Oh, making a 2 min video, that's a piece a cake!" Boy was I wrong. Last week I was told to begin working on my project, which meant that to begin working...I would need to already have an idea, which of course I didn't! For some reason when it came to brainstorming film ideas, I just couldn't come up with anything, like as if my mind was in Tabula Rasa- meaning a Blank Slate in Latin. I tried to find inspiration by watching some of my favorite movies: Perks of Being a Wallflower, Monsters Inc, and a whole cub full of Disney movies. Unfortunately, they did not really get my creative flow going. Then, I talked to my partner in crime for this project, Alexa Zuckerman, to see if she had any ideas yet...she didn't. So here we are, supposed to be creating  this spectacular film opening to our spectacular film...that doesn't exist. Hopefully, by my next blog the light bulb above my head will have already lit up!

No comments:

Post a Comment