Thursday, March 9, 2017

The Light Bulb Indeed Went Off

Hi again! So, I'm back, and I'm back with a film idea!!! Alexa and I finally decided to do a horror film. This choice wasn't easy; it required a lot of research and inspiration  from other films and TV shows. First, we searched up all of the different genres of film and gathered up lots of information like the characteristics of characters in horror films. and after looking into them we chose horror. Why? Honestly, I don't know we just felt as if we had a better chance at creating an idea that was of that genre. Personally I actually hate horror movies, ESPECIALLY the ones that begin with the words, " Based on a true story," like really?! Now I know I'm not going to be able to sleep tonight! But we came up with an idea that I feel is not too scary, and is more on the mystery side. Basically, the plot of the film is that a certain amount of girls, all blonde and blue-eyed, have gone missing over the past 10 years, and the police have yet to figure out why or who is behind the kidnappings. But, what gets revealed in the opening is that these girls are being used for some sort of an illegal scientific experiment. However, that is all that is revealed in the opening, thus leaving the audience wanting to find out more. Other inspiration also came from the sci-fi Netflix TV series Stranger Things, that is essentially about a secret government science project that involved the kidnapping of a young girl. So, yeah that's our idea! It's weird, I was super stressed about this film opening, but now that we have our film idea I actually am pretty excited to start  planning out everything and filming!

No comments:

Post a Comment