Friday, April 7, 2017

Advice to future Aice Media Students

Since I am now an almost Aice Media AS alumni, I feel as though I would share my input on the project as a whole and what advice I would give to students in the future. In my last blog I mentioned how everything went fairly smooth creating the whole project, but it did not just happen by luck. It took a lot of ahead planning of every little detail: from the shooting schedule, the props, the storyboard, the angles we were going to use, the cuts we would insert, the audio, the actors...etc. If Alexa and I did not do as much planning as we did, we would probably still be working on filming right now. However, no matter how much planning you do things can still go wrong. Certain props that we had planned on using did not work out, we had ran out of room in the film and had to cut out a whole entire scene, and we had to go over our spending budget for the props. Another factor contributing to a stress free portfolio would be to manage your time well!!!!! Timing is everything! Do NOT leave everything for the last minute because you will hate yourself and you will regret not starting earlier, trust me. Therefore, my advice to future film opening creators is this: make sure you try and plan as much as possible can, try to avoid procrastination at all costs, and although cheesy make sure you remember to have fun with what you're doing! Take advantage of this awesome class where you are able to explore your creative side because it is not that often where us as high school students get to do so!

No comments:

Post a Comment