Sunday, April 2, 2017

The final product...I think

Today, Alexa and I met up and pretty much wrapped up the whole process of editing our film opening!!!!! We started with the news report; we texted our good pal and fellow Aice Media Studies peer, Zach Cohen, to record himself reading the report because we felt as though his voice was best fit. Boy were we right, his voice was perfect! It sounded so clear and firm like a real reporter; if I hadn't known it was his voice I would have assumed it was a legitimate news anchor. I even watched a video made by a real reporter giving advice on how to talk like him basically, and he said your voice is not supposed to be weird or dark; you are supposed to talk as if you're talking directly to people, and Zach did exactly that. So, shout out you Zach! After inserting the news report and getting it to match up with the scenes, we created our follies. One for the scene of the man putting on the gloves in which we just recorded Alexa rubbing the actual plastic gloves together because we couldn't find a different object that sounded better. Then, I had to record myself, since I play Annie, screaming at the top of my lungs, "Help! Help! Somebody help me please!" It actually turned out well once it was lined up with the scene; we didn't even have to cut the audio or clip short because it lined up perfectly. Finally, we added in the one thing that makes a world of difference: the scary music!! We used the selection of scary movie clips that is provided through Imovie. It is heard in the background from beginning to end until the last 5 seconds where it goes completely silent because we felt as though it would make it scarier. Sometimes less is more!

 Source:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M-ZZIifnt5s

No comments:

Post a Comment