Monday, April 3, 2017

Finishing touches

Now that our film opening is FINALLY done, we decided to show our peers again and see if we need to touch up anything. In class we showed as many people that agreed to watch, and we got amazing feedback along with helpful constructive criticism. What people commented most on was our props, and how they made the clips 100x scarier and very realistic. Which, I was glad to hear because we put a lot of time and effort looking for good props! However, some also recommended that we alter the color/saturation of certain clips again to reflect that real dark and scary vibe. So, Alexa and I took their advice and did exactly that. We opened up the film on IMovie again and played around with the coloring; we added more cool tones but also took away some color and lowered the saturation to show that scene is very lifeless. Colorful scenes in movies usually mean that everything is very happy and full of life, while scenes with no colors reflect dark times and a sad tone. I learned all of this information about color from lessons in my Aice Media class, and I also researched online to get further details. I am really glad that we asked for our peers' opinions because sometimes it is always good to get a fresh pair of eyes that may point out things that you may never have noticed; it was very beneficial. Alright, so now I think we are OFFICIALLY DONE, and I could not be happier with the way it turned out! However, I probably am going to be sitting in bed watching it over and over again just trying to find something that could be better. I'll let you know in the next blog ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment